NASTEC presented the National Research and Development Framework (NRDF) compiled by them to H.E. the President Hon. Maithripala Sirisena on 3rd May 2016 at a special meeting held at the Presidents House.Read More
The 8th Sri Lanka Biennial Conference on Science and Technology (BICOST - VIII) which is one of the main events of NASTEC was successfully concluded on 24th and 25th November 2016 at the Gateway Hotel (Air Port Garden), Katunayake.
The National Science and Technology Commission (NASTEC), established by the Science and Technology Development Act No 11 of 1994, functions under the purview of the Ministry of Science, Technology and Research.
NASTEC invites applications from citizens of Sri Lanka to fill the following position;
POST OF SENIOR SCIENTIST- 01 Posts
A Special degree in Science/Technology obtained from a University / Institution recognized by the University Grants Commission with a Postgraduate degree qualification (Master’s) in a relevant field.
Minimum of 08 years research experience in a Government Corporation, Board, Statutory Institution or a reputed private institution after obtaining the first degree,
A Special degree in a subject area relevant to the post, obtained from a University / Institution recognized by the University Grants Commission with a Ph.D. in a relevant field.
Minimum of 05 years research experience in a Government Corporation, Board, Statutory Institution or a reputed private institution after obtaining the first degree,
Age: Not less than 22 years and not more than 45 years. The upper age limit is not applicable to internal candidates.
Salary Rs. 76,200,10x2000- Rs.96,200.00 (AR 2-2016)
Note: Salary Scale mentioned is based on the scale, AR 2 – 2016 which will be fully effective from 01.01.2020. Basic salary of Rs.51,210/= and adjustment allowance of Rs.250/= will be paid initially at the recruitment. In addition to the above, the applicable government allowances will be paid.
Major Duties of the Post:
1. The preparation of relevant reports, policies and plans regarding the development of Science and Technology and the application of Science and Technology for National Development
2. Conducting researches/surveys as and when necessary for formulation of S&T policies and plans
3. Manage, coordinate and contribute to the activities assigned to, Consultative Fora, Expert Committees, Review Panels and Study Groups under the directions of the Director/C.E.O
4. Organizing and/or conducting the S&T reviews
5. Organization of the Biannual Sri Lanka Conference on Science and Technology (BICOST).
6. Be responsible for the preparation and publication of relevant documentation
7. Be responsible for maintaining databases of relevant S&T and R&D information
8. Be responsible for obtaining relevant information from the public/private S&T, R&D and other relevant institutions
9. Assist the Director in editing official reports and publications
10. Any other duties or responsibilities as assigned by the Chairman, Director/C.E.O.
* Note : Those who have sound working knowledge in policy analysis techniques such as Econometrics, Engineering Economy, Operation Research are encouraged to apply. A good knowledge of English with excellent communication and writing skills will be a definite advantage.