NASTEC presented the National Research and Development Framework (NRDF) compiled by them to H.E. the President Hon. Maithripala Sirisena on 3rd May 2016 at a special meeting held at the Presidents House.Read More
The 8th Sri Lanka Biennial Conference on Science and Technology (BICOST - VIII) which is one of the main events of NASTEC was successfully concluded on 24th and 25th November 2016 at the Gateway Hotel (Air Port Garden), Katunayake.
The National Science and Technology Commission (NASTEC), established by the Science and Technology Development Act No 11 of 1994, functions under the purview of the Ministry of Science, Technology and Research.
NASTEC invites applications from citizens of Sri Lanka to fill the following position.
POST OF ICT/DATABASE ASSOCIATE OFFICER (01 POST)
External: A degree with Computer Application as a subject
Internal: Pass in three (03) subjects in G.C.E (A/L) and a credit pass for English in G.C.E (O/L) and qualifications in computer applications offered by NIBM, NAITA.
At least Five (05) years satisfactory service in Grade I of a post in the category, Management Assistant
Age: Should be not less than 18 years and not more than 35 years.The upper age limit will not apply to the internal candidates.
Salary Code & Scale: (MA 3-2016) Rs. 32,200-10x445-11X660-10X730-5X750-54,960
Note: Salary Scale mentioned is based on the scales published under (MA3-2016) which will be fully effective from 01.01.2020. Basic salary of Rs. 32,200 and approved government allowances will be paid initially at the recruitment. Salary approximately Rs. 34,116.80 (monthly).
Selection Method: Recruitment of officers are made after verification of qualifications at the mmmmmmmmmmm interview.
Major Duties of the Post:
1. To assist the Senior Scientists in the performance of their duties by collecting information and maintaining databases relevant to S&T matters/personnel.
2. Be responsible for computer application needs of NASTEC including software and hardware
3. Be responsible for the maintenance of the office computers including software and hardware
4. To maintain and update the NASTEC website under supervision of Director
5. To carry out all tasks assigned by Chairman, Director or Senior Scientists in relation to the activities of study groups, expert committees, and consultative fora.
6. To carry out any other tasks assigned by the Chairman/Director
NOTE: A GOOD PRACTICLE KNOWLEDGE IN COMPUTER SYSTEMS WILL BE AN ADVANTAGE.
• Applications with comprehensive bio-data and contact details of two non-related referees and copies of relevant certificates and service letters must be sent on or before 04/12/2017 to the Director/CEO, National Science and Technology Commission, 31/9, 31/10, Dudley Senanayake Mw, Colombo 8, by registered post. Incomplete applications will be rejected. The position applied for should be indicated on the top left hand corner of the envelope.
• This permanent position is entitled to the Employees' Provident Fund and Employees' Trust Fund.